Sunday, June 7, 2009

Goodbye Stuffe Zwei

The last six weeks have flown by and I am now just about finished with Stuffe Zwei. Luckily, this past week has been cold and rainy, which was conducive for studying and preparing for the exam. Tomorrow I will go one last time to our classroom to receive my test grades and sign up for the speaking portion of the exam, which I will complete on Tuesday. After that, Stuffe Zwei will be completed and I will be able to take a break from German grammar.

On Tuesday, June 15, my classmates and I begin a German literature course. I am excited at the prospect of starting something new, however saddened that I will be in a class with only the other Americans from the University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point and UW- Eau Claire. One aspect of Stuffe Eins and Zwei that I really enjoyed was working with and befriending students from other countries.

Before the literature course begins, I have a five day break, which I have decided to spend with friends in Ireland. We will be staying in hostels and exploring the cities and surrounding areas of Dublin, Cork and Galway. I am super excited to see what the “Emerald Isle” has to offer and am looking forward to having a pint while taking in some Celtic music.

S.N.

No comments:

Post a Comment